Non Profit Philanthropy
Triskeles investment advisors have decades of experience in successful, socially responsible, impact ESG investments in all asset classes. Triskeles professional staff and service providers have extensive experience in all aspects of non-profit organizations/Social Benefit Organization’s (SBO’s) management, fundraising, planning, growth strategies and problem solving.
Aligning an investment strategy with an organizational mission through mission aligned/sustainable investing allows non-profit organizations/Social Benefit Organizations (SBOs) to cultivate financial health while adhering to mission, values and inspirational standards. Increasingly, cohesiveness between a non-profit organization’s/SBO’s mission, its programs and its investment approach reflect the fields’ and donors’ views of a “best practices” strategy.
Triskeles provides non-profit organizations/SBOs with investment support.
- Customized impact/ESG investment and management services for reserve/endowment funds offering:
- Competitive returns
- Thematic investment approaches
- Utilization of carefully researched, selected micro finance, community loan fund, private equity, specific securities, mutual funds and other ESG focused investment opportunities
- Due diligence and close partnership with finance/investment committees of non-profit organizations/SBOs
- Investment policy review/development
- Impact/ESG investment training
- Non-profit organization/SBO management and fundraising advice
- Shareholder activism
- Gift fund stewardship
- Receipt of securities
- Separate accounting/reporting for funds
- Gift acknowledgment
- Online gift making access
- Disbursement/check writing capacity
- Additional audit support and professional due diligence
- Aligning an investment strategy with your organizational mission through socially responsible/sustainable investing allows non-profit organizations/SBOs to cultivate financial health while adhering to mission, values and inspirational standards. Increasingly, cohesiveness between a non-profit organization’s/SBO’s mission, its programs and its investment approach reflect the fields’ and donors’ views of a “best practices” strategy.
- Studies show that sustainable/ESG investments generally perform as well as traditional investments. Impact/Mission/Sustainable investing considers and includes returns to both the investor and society.
- These approaches are also referred to as triple bottom line (people, planet, profit) investing. Using a “doing well by doing good” commitment, investors are engaged in environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues which promote shareholder advocacy and community investing while enhancing long term stability and growth. Various levels of impact can be achieved using different value-aligned investment vehicles.
Triskeles provides the opportunity for non-profit organizations/SBOs (Social Benefit Organizations) to augment their investment resources by co-designing, with Triskeles and its managers, a tailored approach to socially responsible, ESG investment strategies which align their organizational values with the stewardship of their assets. Triskeles managers can customize appropriate asset allocations and ESG investment choices within a broader, sustainable management mandate.
Our investment approach is to create a portfolio for your non-profit with mission-aligned strategies based on detailed analysis developed with your management, Board and finance/investment committees. Triskeles can then help your investments to “walk the walk” of your mission and values. Additionally, Triskeles can provide investment policy review/development, impact/ESG investment training and non-profit organization/SBO management and fundraising advice.
Triskeles is nimble and innovative in its practice, providing a turnkey, mission sensitive approach to sustainable investments and other services. Setting up a fund takes only a few days and Triskeles professionals provide constant support and guidance to make sure changing needs are met. Services can be tailored for non-profit organization/SBO needs. Triskeles staff and managers understand these particular needs (fund distributions and cash flow issues among others) and are able to craft our services to match those requirements. By partnering with your Investment Committee, Board and Senior Management we are able to design a plan with your team not just for them.
Establishing a Fund at the Triskeles Foundation is easy and can be done in a couple of simple steps.
- Establish the fund: Complete and sign the Organizational Fund Agreement Form and the Donor Advised Fund Values Intake Form return them to us.
- Fund the account: Make an initial irrevocable contribution of $15,000* or more. This contribution can consist of multiple assets and securities.
* Some exceptions can be made regarding minimum account size.
- 1% per annum on the first $3,000,000 of each fund’s net asset value
- 0.75% per annum on a balance greater than $3,000,000 and less than $6,000,000 of each fund’s net asset value
- 0.50% per annum on a balance greater than $6,000,000 of each fund’s net asset value; low transaction fee for grant distributions